High Level Stewardship Scheme
In February 2007, the Estate was accepted into the High Level Stewardship Scheme, administered by English Nature.
Options taken up include:
- Management of semi-improved grassland
- Measures to control soil erosion
- Pollen and nectar sites to encourage birdlife
- Skylark plots
- 6 metre headland margins to encourage insects
- Hedgerow planting and management
- Water level management to encourage over-wintering wading birds
- 5-mile permissive footpath to encourage public access
- Educational access to promote awareness amongst students and pupils of all ages, of the importance of agriculture and the rural economy.